Questions such as:
- How far from your home is the center, this corresponds as to how far you want your adolescent to be away from home?
- How many years of experience does the school, its staff and professionals, have in treating youth or young adult
- What does the program comprise of?
- Can you and your adolescent take a tour of the center?
- Are you able to visit your teen/young adult and if so what hours
These are all questions that will help you find the right Colorado residential treatment program for your young adult.
Why consider a residential treatment program?
It is especially important to locate good residential treatment centers in Colorado for your teen if they are failing in school, defiant, angry, manipulative or is suffering any type of problem at all that is affecting their life or studies.
Consider the following resources below to get more information.
www.hfemsd1.dphe.state.co.us – Provides you a list of Colorado residential treatment centers as well as other assisted living residences.
www.nami.org– This organization assists families in deciding what residential treatment programs are right for their teens.